Friday, December 17, 2010

Our Continent Bags - Africa

Moving right along with my tour of our Continent Bags... next up, Africa!

Here's what's inside:
Book, maps, and cards.

Recipes and three part cards.

Music and artwork. The CD to the left is Putumayo's World Playground, and the CD on the right is a collection of songs by Uganda native, Geoffrey Oryema. It's a beautiful CD with a lot of depth. The artwork is from Google images.

Animals, three part cards, and memory game. The game is something simple I whipped up by putting matching sets of safari stickers on note cards.

Various Egypt items. All of the figurines, with the exception of the Ankh, come from this Toob, as did the information strip to the far left. The pyramid is my husband's (no idea where he got it from). I'm excited about the Hieroglyphic sheets (found on Google images) - I think James is going to love using the translator to read them.


Money, stamps, and stamper.

Miscellaneous souvenirs. The djembe and the bracelet were found at a local fair trade store, the necklace is made of paper beads by women in Uganda. The little thumb piano is from here and the pencil box is something I bought at Pier One almost 20 years ago!

Flags from Ghana, Madagascar, and Egypt.

I hope you've enjoyed this photo tour of our Africa Continent Bag! You may also enjoy these other posts from my Continent Bag Series:
Our Continent Bags
Our Continent Bags - Storage
Our Continent Bags - North America
Our Continent Bags - Asia
Our Continent Bags - Antarctica
Our Continent Bags - Europe
Our Continent Bags - South America
Our Continent Bags - Australia

Also check out my Continent Bags photo album on the Counting Coconuts Facebook page.

I'm linking this post up to The Preschool Corner and Montessori Monday.


~Thank you for your comments!~

6 comments:

Alison @ Educational Creations said...

Yay, I found you!!

I have been warmly referring to you as THE bag lady, to my DH! I am doing Antarctica at the end of the month and I KNEW I had seen a blogger blog about their bags .... I have bookmarked you now!

Thanks for your wonderful ideas!!

Dizzyhappymama said...

We have those same Egyptian figurines. We splurged last year and bought my son the Pyramid from Playmobil and it has been worth every penny. He plays with it all the time and loves learning new things about Egypt and the Pharoahs

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Super exciting bag! I am sure James will love his geography studies.

Elle Belles Bows said...

Great job!! Thanks so much for sharing the link to the thumb piano. I have been looking for one. Kerri

twolittleseeds said...

WOW! I am inspired!

Jen said...

Love the colors in this one and all the Egyptian stuff!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails